Monday, January 7, 2019

My pregnancy with Laycie

I figured I’d better jot a few things down about my pregnancy with Laycie before I forget them!! I was sick basically my whole pregnancy with Laycie. I through up so much I can't even count! It typically was in the morning. Dr Martin prescribed me Zofran to help with the nausea. They were just little tablets that melted on your tongue...anytime I felt sick I would put one in, but it never really helped. It was basically morning routine, wake up, run to the bathroom....throw up nasty stomach bile because I hadn't eaten anything yet, then try and get my day started. Anytime I would drink something too fast it would make me throw up too. It was so bad Raelinn even knew it would happen. One afternoon I was so thirsty and drank a bunch of water and Rae said "you better watch out.....you're gonna throw up!" She was right. I was also superrrr tired. I napped nearly every day if I wasn't working. I only gained about 13lbs the whole pregnancy, I think because I was so sick! I also had that awful metallic taste in my mouth. Nothing would mask it. It made food taste SOOO awful and always made me feel so yucky.  Hahaha it’s funny how I remember all the bad things! Raelinn loved kissing my belly. She asked lots of questions and we would read the weekly update of the babies growth together. She went to every appointment with me! What a good big sister she was before the baby was even born. ❤️ The pregnancy was SO similar to Raelinns! (Other than me being waaaay sicker)  Laycie measured small in her 20 week ultrasound, just as Raelinn did, so we had to have a couple extra ultrasounds done just to make sure she was consistently growing. Also, I was admitted to the hospital for the start of a kidney infection.

Thank goodness we caught it sooner than I did with a Raelinn. I wasn’t nearly as sick, and only had to stay overnight. It was soooo hard though as the hospital has shut down here in Tonopah so my mom had to drive me all the way to the ER in Bishop, CA. When they told me I needed hospitalized I almost refused. Jaceton had 8th grade promotion and Raelinn had her preschool program the next day. We didn’t make Jaceton’s promotion...which he will forever make me feel guilty for!! Bretton, Dad, Tj and Jessica all made it so at least he some family there.






 Haha I did make it to Raelinns program though.









 Also, my amniotic fluid was measuring lower than it should at the 20 week ultrasound so I had to up my water intake....a gallon a day!! It surprisingly was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, and by the next appointment it was normal and measured to what it should be. Just a couple weeks before I delivered Tj and I bought a new bedroom set. The bed sits SO high tj had to help pull me up ever night because it was nearly impossible climbing up by myself! Hahaha I wish I would have filmed me climbing up there just once for a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment