Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tj got baptized

On May 25th, 2012 Tj was baptized here in Tonopah by my Daddy. It was such a testimony builder for me and such a neat thing to watch. I love him so much and I'm so glad that he took the lessons and gained a testimony of the gospel. That means we are one step closer to being sealed as a family for all time and eternity. The next Sacrament meeting, on the 27th he was confirmed a member of the church by Elder Bell. He gave him such a beautiful blessing. In the blessing he talked about us going to the temple to be sealed and it gave me the chills! The spirit was so strong and I know that it is so important for us to live righteously and be sealed!
Here are a few pictures from his baptism :)
 Love him!!!
 Elder Bell and Elder Sohkanen




 haha we are only in our 20's...we're allowed to act cRaZy sometimes!
Aside from the spiritual part of the baptism...there were many funny memories!! First of all the Program. Tj was getting baptized (obviously) I was doing a special musical number (Teach me to walk in the light), and Tawni and nick were giving opening and closing prayers. Our names were written like this:
TJ Tadner
Shaunna Tadner
Nick Petroponie
Tonie Petroponie
Hahahaha!!!!! Ok seriously it was hilarious! Tj said "Petroponie" sounds like the name of a gas station! I think he's "write" lol

Apparently the water was freezing cold because both dad and Tj gasped when they stepped into the water! Also it was super shallow so after the baptismal prayer dad told Tj "go deep" and barely got him all the way under! haha never a dull moment...

Also at the baptism mom gave a talk on baptism and Trenton gave a wonderful talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost.

All in all it turned out wonderful, and I am so grateful for the gospel and all the blessings we recieve from it! :) 

1 comment:

  1. This makes me laugh because when dev and I had to talk in sacrament meeting there in tonopah they speller our name dinglestead. What the!?!? Who ever types the programs must get in too big of a hurry or something. :) congrats again!

    ReplyDelete