Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A few firsts of many firsts....

We are having SO much fun being parents. It's honestly the hardest but most rewarding job. Having Raelinn has really made me fall more and more in love with Tj! He is such a big help and so in love with the baby. I don't know how single moms do it on their own! We have both been puked on, pee'd on and pooped on :) good times...funny memories. It's not all fun and games, I think I've been battling a touch of post partum depression, but find if I get myself out if the house rather than staying locked up it helps a ton! These really are the best times of our lives, and I don't want to forget any of them! On her 2 week birthday we put her in the stroller for her FIRST time, and took out FIRST walk as a family :) I realized I am so out of shape it's unreal, and the baby fussed on and off the whole time. At 3 weeks old she visited the temple for the FIRST time, lost her belly cord, and met her great grandma!! (It was also Tj's FIRST time at the temple :) He did baptisms and said it was very neat.) It really was so amazing to go with my husband and my precious baby and feel the spirit inside the temple. Can't wait to go back and be sealed :) :) :) Raelinn saw a horny-toad for the FIRST time and went to church for the FIRST time! That day deserves a post all by itself...but I suppose I will just make this a lengthy post. Here it goes:

We got in around midnight Saturday night from our temple trip. I was absolutely exhausted. We slept in until 9:16. Church starts at 10. Crap. The baby needed to eat right away...double crap. Now it's a little after 9:30. Tj had said something that hurt my feelings (it wasn't mean, but I'm blaming my hurt feelings on post partum) anyways...the baby spit up everywhere and pooped up her back. Triple crap. (Literally) ha! So I walk into the bathroom, and fill up her bath for her FIRST real bath. I was in such a hurry, her bath didn't get filled up enough, and she screamed the whole time. I go to get dressed, and nothing fits. Nothing. Uhhh! Tj had brought it to my knowledge that there was a pot on the stove that had been sitting there for days. Bad mood goes to awful mood. I'm to the point of tears. We made it to church about a half hour late, walk into sacrament, everybody looks over, I had literally ONLY brushed my teeth and hair. No make up. No curls in my hair....I really wanted the three of us to be dressed cute, and look all happy for our first Sunday back to church. Haha well the reality of being first time parents showed through. We made it through Sunday school and then had to go home. We were past the point if exhaustion. Maybe next Sunday will be better :) here's to hoping. I did however get the cutest picture of Raelinn and Tj in the mothers lounge after I fed and changed her.

Oh, last but not least Easter was Raelinn's FIRST holiday. Easter Sunday is when we we came home from the hospital, so there was no time for pictures in her cute Easter shirt. Well me being the procrastinator I am, I put it off until today. 3 1/2 weeks after Easter. Haha Now instead of swimming in her shirt, it fits! I'll eventually get this whole parenting thing figured out. I won't leave pots and pans on the stove for days, I'll bathe the baby the night before church so we can be on time, I'll take pictures ON the actually holiday, not 3 1/2 weeks later....but for now, I'm gonna write all of these crazy moments down so one day I can look back and laugh :) yay for FIRST time parents.























No comments:

Post a Comment