Saturday, April 6, 2013

Our last days before Raelinn

Of course I procrastinated everything until the last moment. We sheet rocked and painted her room the two weeks before she came and put together her pack and play only a few days before we left to have her. The day before is when I finally decided to clean, do laundry, and organize her bedroom. I started early that morning and found a HUGE house centipede in our laundry room. I had the heebie jeebies until about noon that afternoon! Jessica Maley came over and helped SO much. She boiled the bottles and pacifiers, organized her clothes and stayed until 11:30 that night helping with so many other things! As I took a shower that night, I was thinking how this would be my last shower in my house where I wasn't listening for a baby or rushing because a toddler is banging on the door. It was a bitter sweet moment....but I came to the conclusion that I really was ready to be a mom. We were ready to be parents. I soaked up those last few days. Took every opportunity I had to sleep in because I knew those days would be over. I spent lots of carefree hours at my moms with my dogs :) sewed a quilt for the baby and started another one (hopefully I find time to finish it now that she's here!) I keep asking myself how a baby fit in my stomach, then I look at my 39 week belly picture and it all makes sense! Haha















No comments:

Post a Comment