Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A day with Grandpa Lynn

One day when Aunt Dixie was at work, grandpa fell in the bathroom and latex there all day until she got home from work that evening. He was pretty banged up so she took a day off of work and stayed home with him, and I came out the next day to help him get around the house and keep him company. It was such a fun day! We watched a ton of old western movies and horse races. He wanted tapioca pudding so bad, but there was no sugar...so he made me get the baby, walk to the neighbors house and borrow some sugar. Might I add the wind was blowing like crazy....but grandpa gets what he wants!
While watching horse races and infomercial came on for "zoomies" basically a pair of binoculars formed into glasses. I was sitting there thinking of how stupid that idea was when grandpa pointed to two black cases and told me to grab them. Yep. He had saw the commercial a few weeks back and made aunt Dixie order him some. I couldn't believe it! Hahaha! So, I adjusted both pairs, and we sat there and watched horse races in them. He was excited he could read the fine print on the tv with them! We started taking bets on which horse was gonna win. I would just pick the horse with the coolest name, but grandpa knew all the horses and jockeys, so he won every single time. 
He sure loves his dogs!! Poor Pepper Jack is so fat he can't even jump on the couch!! (And his pee pee nearly touches the floor when he stands) It is hilarious. They have a bowl full of treats out constantly, along with their food and water. Cracks me up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment