Saturday, January 5, 2013

Just another Saturday...

Today is Saturday January 4th, 2013. 
I went to bed last night planning on waking up and cleaning my whole house! From top to bottom. 
I woke up feeling exhausted. Wandered out to the living room where I found my cute husband sitting on the couch watching tv. We had cereal for breakfast and watched tv. I then began reading nieniedialogues.blogspot.com.....and could not stop. I just finished her book (read it in a day and a half!) what a remarkable woman she is. Such an awesome wife and mother....even after the plane crash and burning 83% of her body!! So, as I sat here idolizing this woman and her life I've realized it was about noon and I hadn't moved from the couch. I decided to get up and make lunch. French dip sandwiches! Then make a chocolate cake. Well TJ had been marinating this disgusting looking piece of meat in our only cake pan. So, after eating lunch and moaning and groaning about the dirty cake pan he created, I decided to just get up and wash it! While the cake was baking I figured it'd be a good idea to do the dishes that had been piling up....after washing and complaining some more (isn't TJ a trooper for staying married to me?!?!!) I pulled the cake out of the oven. Oh and did I mention that was the first time I've ever used my hand me down blender?? It's an old school kind where you put the beater sticks in, but I am very grateful we have it! (even though I couldn't figure out how to get the sticks in properly and it made a funky noise and shot cake batter all over my shirt) ok after sitting on the couch reading more of Nie's blog and checking Facebook, I figured the store bought cake had cooled enough to frost. Well...it wasn't. It literally fell apart when I tried! I served us some globs of it and we ate two servings each! After nagging at my poor husband for being messy (when I'm equally just as bad) I fell asleep watching Harry Potter that I just HAD to watch even though he didn't want to. After a delightful nap on the couch I woke up in a much better mood :) he told me the cake made him so sick and he'd been in the bathroom for a while....ooops! After more reading and facebooking TJ finished cooking that yucky looking piece of meat and let me tell you it was amazing!!!! He grilled it on this contraption he made at work. Oh. My. Goodness. Yum. I of course had to appologize for being such a nag all the time and he told me he still loves me :) then I sat on Facebook more and read more Nie. Looking at pictures she's posted wearing compression gloves for her burns and sores on her legs, while she's making dinner or tending the kids it made me realize what a lazy bum I was! So I started a load of laundry and left the rest in the hallway so I HAVE to finish it before bed or the dogs will steal my undies and drag them out the doggie door tonight (this has happened numerous times by the way) Moral of the story, I am a lazy procrastinator. But here I sit (with the washer going!) next to my handsome husband, who adores me. This has been a lovely Saturday. I'm so grateful for everything in my life, and glad I get to share it with TJ who puts up with everything I do and honestly never (NEVER!) complains! :) life is good. And one day I will figure out how to be a good wife who has the house cleaned and can bake and frost a cake. One day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment